February 16, 2011

Fixing Business with Pleasure

I’m a comedian, I tell jokes, I make money for it, sometimes. There is a certain level of professionalism, yet I still I can perform my job while drinking, and I get to talk about penises and minorities. I am single, I’m not lonely, but I am in my thirties, which in my hometown would have me between my third and fourth wife by now.


























It takes a special person to love a comedian. We travel alot, and when around we are sarcastic, jaded a-holes looking at life as material. It takes a special person to love a comedian.




Some comedians/ comics go the simple route, they date within the clan. It makes sense, they are around. They likely “get” you, and you have similarities.


One problem, when you break up and likely date another comic, you start to get a reputation, I’m not saying it’s valid, but you get one. So, yeah you kind of have to own it.



Quick story.
I worked at a gas station chain back home; loved it. There were like 60 stores in the city, we worked hard, worked jackball hours, and partied a lot. Often fellow employees would wind up hooking up. It was no big thing. However, once you hooked up with a with a second employee, the guys and gals were both looked as sluts. (However in Oklahoma, you can be considered promiscuous, for having killer dance moves , and yes I do have them)




Being looked down by your coworkers can truly fuck you up, and put in you in a socially awkward state and possibly affect your job performance.

The only advantage to being a skanky convenience store employee over a skanky comedian? We had health insurance at the gas station.

No comments:

Post a Comment